August 21, 2012

To forgive?

"The stupid neither forgives nor forgets; the naive forgives and forgets; the wise forgives but does not forget." ~ Anonymous

This is a difficult task for me. I've saved so many words, I've re-read so many rants, love letters and sulky verse that with each reopening of the wound created from the circumstance I find it more and more difficult to forgive. These simpletons, I tell myself, don't know me.  I've only allowed a small fraction to slip through the cracks and yet they believe they can decipher my thoughts, know my words or read into my work?  Who are they to hold themselves so high upon a pedestal?  

Human nature craves fault, feeds from it and satisfies only its own ego. You know and accept what you allow yourself to understand. Hypocrite. You know who you are. 

No comments: