January 5, 2012

Life Happens

I will be the first to admit I have no patience for those without passion. I have no tolerance for people who are not strong willed. I find it very difficult to understand or empathize with a person who runs and hides from the daily trials of life. Let's face it. Life happens and sometimes it happens with a vengeance. Maybe it's because, although there has been hardship in my life, I simply can't relate. But maybe, it's because I've always faced problems head-on, dealt with them and moved on until again there was a smile on my face. This is the picture I paint in my mind, until...

...I meet a person who just...as simple as it may be...doesn't know how to move past the struggles of everyday challenges. They run, they hide from those who care, they sit and wait it out until it passes them by. They refuse help. They refuse a shoulder to cry on. They refuse borrowed strength. Sure. Physically they move their body to deal with what's going on but emotionally, they run under the first cover they can find and there they sit, they hope, wish and fantasize until the coast is clear. Only then do I fully and completely understand...

...just how strong willed I am. I feel I should thank them for that.

It's a new year. Finally.....my short lived rut is over.

"Sagittarians - Born philosophers, Sagittarians have an affinity for new concepts and possess a deep-seated desire to understand life's mysteries. Whether it's reading a book by Eckhart Tolle, attending a lecture by Deepak Chopra, or taking a world religion course at a local college, your hobby should stimulate this thirst for knowledge."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Not original but you may appreciate the sentiment:
Why Complicate Life?
Missing somebody? ...Call
Wanna meet up? ......Invite
Wanna be understood?..Explain
Have questions? ...Ask
Don't like something? ..Say it
Like something? ....State it
Want something? ...Ask for it
Love someone? ....Tell it
"Nobody will know whats going on in your mind, its better to express rather than to expect...
js